June 24, 2010

One month to go...

Once again, we have neglected to update this as often as we intended. We haven’t had a tremendous amount of news to report. In the past few weekends we have been able to make presentations for the University church of Christ in Morgantown, WV and the Watterson Trail church of Christ in Louisville, KY. In the upcoming weeks, we’ll be making a presentation at the Dublin-Powell church of Christ and immediately after the Honeymoon we’ll be travelling to Nashville to meet with the missions committee at the Hendersonville church of Christ. We are keeping busy however we still need to find support! We have made a good start, we have eclipsed the amount that will make it possible (although very tough) to make the move and go through with our plans. That being said we still have a considerable need for continued monthly supports.

I had dinner a month or so ago with my grandparents. My grandfather has been very ill with cancer (I’d certainly appreciate every prayer you can give on his behalf) and so I have been made even more aware of the uncertainty that is life. While we were eating we started to talk about some of the challenges of the work in Arizona and how to deal with people. He said, I have always answered people’s complaints the same way, with one question. ‘What did they say when you told them that?’ It’ll fix the problem every single time he said. That reminds me of something I want to make sure that I’ve been very clear about in regards to our plans and communications and especially this blog. I would rather answer a couple of questions about something that’s been unclear so I can let you know exactly what I meant or think instead of the alternative. I myself have been guilty of reading or hearing something and then using it to gossip rather than straightening out the issue at the source. Great piece of advice, via Bob Smith. As often as I can manage it I will be sharing nuggets of wisdom from my grandfather instead of my own. I am very blessed to have a strong Christian man as an example in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment